Easy Papaya Stir Fry
PAPAYA STIR FRY
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, divided
- 3 tsp white wine, dry
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless, boneless cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled, thickly cut
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, minced finely
- 2 small poblano peppers, seeded, thickly sliced
- 1/3 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup reshly squeezed orange juice, no pulp
- 3 lbs ripe papaya, seeded, peeled, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 2 scallion
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ½ soy sauce, white wine, and cornstarch. Add the chicken and coat chicken well.
- In a large skillet or a wok over medium-high heat, add oil. Add onion, ginger, and garlic .Stir-fry for 30-40 seconds.
- Add chicken, stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add poblano pepper, crushed red pepper, and stir. Stir-fry until chicken cooks and poblano is soft. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining soy sauce. Cook for 30-35 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate. Set aside.
- Add orange juice to the mixture. Allow it to boil until the mixture slightly thickens. About 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok/skillet. Add papaya. Stir-fry for 60-90 seconds.
- Add lemon juice. Stir Season with salt and pepper
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a large serving dish. Garnish with scallions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!