Delicious, Spicy Curry Mussels
SPICY CURRY MUSSELS
Always use organic when possible
- Large Pot
- 5 lbs fresh mussels, rinsed, debearded
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 small onions, peeled, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced finely
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 20 oz lite coconut milk
- 1/3 cup white wine, dry
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Add onions and cook until soft and fragrant. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, ginger, curry powder, fennel seeds, cayenne, and salt. Cook until tomatoes soften. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and wine .Bring to boil. Cook for 2-2 ½ minutes.
- Add mussels to the pot. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove mussels with slotted spoon and place in a large bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Boil sauce over high heat. 5-6 minutes. The sauce should reduce a bit.
- Pour sauce over mussels. Serve warm with cilantro garnish.
**Important Note: Always discard shells that do not open**
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!