Easy Peasy Quinoa
EASY PEASY QUINOA
Always use organic when possible.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 medium sweet onion peeled, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Rinse the quinoa and add to boiling water. Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes. All water should be absorbed. Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork.
- n a large skillet over medium heat, add avocado oil. Add onions and cook until tender and fragrant. About 5-7 minutes.
- Add peas and stir well.Allow peas to be heated through. About 2-4 minutes.
- Add quinoa, salt, pepper and stir well to combine. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!