Pumpkin Miso Soup
PUMPKIN MISO SOUP
Always use organic when possible
- 1/2 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cubed
- 2 pieces fresh ginger, 2 inches long, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 oz buckwheat noodles
- 8 oz firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 4 tsp miso paste
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped on diagonal
- 4 red chili peppers, sliced on diagonal(can seed if you want to reduce heat)
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 5 tbsp pickled ginger
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to boil.
- Add pumpkin, ginger, and soy sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add noodles to mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Noodles should not be over-cooked. Add tofu to pumpkin and noodle mixture.
- Cook until pumpkin and noodles become mostly tender. About 7-10 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of miso paste into each of the 4 serving bowls. Add a bit of cooking water into each bowl and whisk until miso dissolves
- Divide pumpkin tofu soup into 4 equal portions.
- Garnish with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, 1 chopped green onion, 1 sliced red chili pepper, 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, 1 tablespoons of cilantro and 11/4 tablespoon of pickled ginger.
Sodium: 2mgCalcium: 3mgVitamin C: 1mgSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 78mgCalories: 50kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 4gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 3gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!