Curried Pumpkin and Peas
CURRIED PUMPKIN AND PEAS
Always use organic when possible
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 onion, peeled, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 3 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2/3 tsp salt freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lbs pumpkin, peeled, chopped into cubes
- 3 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/4 cup frozen peas
- cilantro, garnish
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add the butter. Cook until golden brown. About 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin and potatoes. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Pour in broth. Add raisins and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15-17 minutes.
- Add peas and stir. Cover and continue to cook until pumpkin and potatoes are tender. About 7- 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!