Dr. Nandi’s Sesame Seed-Crusted Salmon Burger
Dr. Nandi's Sesame Seed-Crusted Salmon Burger
- 1 1-lb. salmon fillet, skinned and chopped
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice divided
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds toasted and divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Combine salmon, spinach, panko, 1 Tbps lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce, 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Form mixture into 4 (3 1/2-inch) patties. Place remaining sesame seeds onto a plate, and dip one side of patties into seeds to coat.
- Stir together yogurt, dill, garlic, and remaining 1 Tbsp lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Cook burgers over medium heat, turning, 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Grill buns, cut sides down, for about 2 minutes or until golden.
- Place burgers on buns, and top with 2 Tbsp yogurt sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!