Turmeric and Black Pepper Paste
Add this paste to plain yogurt, make your own Golden Milk Smoothies, or add it to your favorite sauteed veggies or dinner dishes.
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
3/4 cup turmeric powder
1 1/2 cups water plus 1 cup water if needed
1/2 cup coconut oil
4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add turmeric and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer.
- Continue to simmer until it becomes a thick paste. About 8-10 minutes.
- When turmeric paste cools down to warm, add ground pepper and coconut oil.
- Stir well until pepper and oil are totally combined.
- Allow to cool.
- Will stay in fridge for up to 2 weeks and freezes well.