Apple and Dark Chocolate Nachos
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
6 apples, Fuji, Honey Crisp Granny Smith, cored, each apple cut into 20–30 slices
1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter, melted
1 ½ –2 cups granola with almonds (depends on how much granola you desire)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Arrange a layer of apple slices on a plate.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add your peanut butter. (CAUTION if not warmed on LOW heat the peanut butter will get hard)
- Whisk continuously as it melts. Blend it together as the oil separates from the solids. About 4-5 minutes.
- Set aside for a moment.
- In a saucepan, bring roughly an inch of water to a simmer.
- Set a heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot. Water cannot touch bottom of bowl.
- Add chocolate and stir occasionally as it softens.
- When there are just a few chips left, remove bowl from heat because they will melt from the residual heat.
- Set aside.
- Drizzle peanut butter and chocolate over apple slices.
- Add some dark chocolate chips and granola for texture.
- Add another layer of sliced apples.
- Drizzle again with peanut butter, granola and chocolate. Add more dark chocolate chips.
- Continue until all ingredients are used up.
- Save some granola to sprinkle on top of apple nachos.
The Health Benefits of Apples and Chocolate
Find out why combining Apples and Chocolate in your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about how Chocolate Boosts Health Benefits of Apples.