Leeks & Corn Chowder
Leek & Corn Chowder
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 large leeks, white and light green parts chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 2 sticks celery diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1-2 tsb sea salt freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour
- 2 1/4 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice fresh
- Using a large pot, heat coconut oil and a pinch of salt over medium heat.
- Now cook leeks and onions until they soften. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper, garlic, celery, salt, pepper and all spices. Cook until vegetables are softened. About 6-7 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots and combine.Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.Stir frequently. Flour should not burn.
- Add broth and bay leaf.Bring everything to a boil and then reduce heat to allow a light simmer.
- Continue to cook for 12-15 minutes. Vegetables should be tender.
- Add corn. Bring liquid back to a gentle boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. About 4-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove bay leaf. Add coconut milk and lime juice and stir very well.
- Add more salt if needed.
- In a blender, blend roughly 1/2 -3/4 of soup, depending on your desired consistency.
- Add blended part back into the pot and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes to meld taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!