Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
1 large avocado, diced
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
1 small white onion, peeled and diced
1–2 jalapeno pepper, minced
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice plus 2 tsp extra
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 oz. skinless cod fillets
8 soft corn tortillas
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 bunch baby arugula, chopped
Low-fat sour cream
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add avocado, apple, onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper, 1 Tbsp lime juice and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Season cod with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until cod fillets are opaque. About 4-5 minutes per side.
- Wrap corn tortillas in aluminum foil and warm. Tortillas should soften. About 5 minutes.
- Combine cod, ginger and remaining lime juice in a large bowl.
- Divide fish, arugula and guacamole among the tortillas.
- Top with low-fat sour cream.
The Health Benefits of Avocado
Find out why adding Avocado to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Avocado.