Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled, chopped
1 cup carrots, peeled, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
6 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced
84 oz. whole peeled tomatoes
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add tomatoes to a food processor.
- Pulse until you get a smooth texture.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add extra virgin olive oil, onion, carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, celery and garlic.
- Cook until onions soften and garlic becomes fragrant. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 35-40 minutes. Vegetables should be soft.
- Allow to cool.
- Using the food processor, puree sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Boosting the Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Find out how to boost the benefits Tomatoes in your diet to help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about Powering Up the Cancer Fighting Benefits of Tomatoes.