Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 1/2 lbs. ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp raw cane sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp palm sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For filling, in a medium bowl, mix together sliced peaches, honey, arrowroot starch, vanilla and cinnamon. Do not mash peaches while mixing.
- Place mixture in a 9 by 9-inch baking dish and spread out evenly.
- For topping, in a small bowl whisk together flour mix, raw cane sugar, Xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Use a pastry cutter, cut in butter pieces until mixture has a coarse cornmeal resemblance.
- Combine coconut milk and vanilla together then pour into flour mixture and stir gently until it combines.
- Spoon batter over the peaches in the pan. Make sure some areas are left exposed.
- Drizzle melted butter over the exposed areas and sprinkle entire top with palm sugar.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is browned and peaches are bubbly.
Find out why adding Peaches to your diet will help make you your own Health Hero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Peaches.