Dr. Nandi’s Chestnut Soup
Dr. Nandi's Chestnut Soup
- 8 cups of low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 lb chestnuts
- 1 cup organic onion chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh organic parsley
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup homogenized milk
- 3/4 tsp of raw organic sugar
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan combine the chicken stock, shelled chestnuts and chopped onions.
- Place the parsley sprigs, cloves and bay leaf in a spice bag and add to the chicken stock mixture.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 45 minutes.
- Discard the spice bag and puree the chestnut mixture in a food processor or blender.
- Add the milk, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Return mixture to saucepan and gently heat through
- ** When serving the soup, a small dollop of unsweetened whipped cream and a light sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley creates a taste explosion
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!