Dr. Nandi’s Chilled Watermelon Soup
Dr. Nandi's Chilled Watermelon Soup
- 8 cups finely diced seedless watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Mix watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, basil, parsley, vinegar, shallot, oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Puree 3 cups of the mixture in a blender or food processor to the desired smoothness; transfer to another large bowl.
- Puree another 3 cups and add to the bowl. Stir in the remaining diced mixture. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!