Dr. Nandi’s Pumpkin Burger
Dr. Nandi's Pumpkin Burger
- 6 teaspoons of extra virgin organic olive oil – divided
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red peppers
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of ground cumin tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup of toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup of fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 8 inch whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in large nonstick skillet of medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Stir in red pepper, corn, garlic chili powder and cumin. Cook until fragrant (about 2 minutes more).
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Add pumpkin, cheese, wheat germ, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper to the onion mixture.
- With dampened hands, form 6 1/2 inch thick patties
- Preheat over to 325 degrees. Stack tortillas and wrap in aluminum foil. Heat for 15 minutes.
- Use 2 tsp of oil per batch, cook 2 to 4 patties at a time in large nonstick skillet until browned on medium heat.
- Wrap patties in tortilla and add lettuce and salsa!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!