Dr. Nandi’s Salmon and Slaw
Dr. Nandi's Salmon and Slaw
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil divided
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp low sodium ketchup
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp sambal oelek ground fresh chile paste
- 4 (6-oz wild salmon
- Avocado Oil
- 2 cups sugar snap peas make sure you trim and thinly slice the peas crosswise
- 1/2 cup grated radishes
- 1/4 cup very thinly vertically sliced shallots
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Add together 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and ginger in a food processor.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add juice and next 4 ingredients (through chile paste) and again pulse to combine.
- Place salmon on a grill rack coated with avocado oil.
- Brush the tops of the salmon with half of sauce.
- Grill for roughly 10 minutes and then brush with remaining sauce.
- Grill an additional 10 minutes or until your desired level of preparedness
- Add the peas, radishes, and shallots together.
- Combine vinegar and remaining 1 Tbsp oil, stirring well; drizzle over pea mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt; toss. Serve with salmon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!