Dr. Nandi’s Slow Cooker Vegan Stuffing
Dr. Nandi's Slow Cooker Vegan Stuffing
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 12 oz pkg sliced mushrooms
- 12 cups dried whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Salt to taste about a 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 – 4 1/2 cups veggie broth
- Sauté onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley in a little veggie broth.
- Pour sautéed veggies over bread crumbs in a very large mixing bowl. Add all seasonings and toss together.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten. You can add extra broth for a moister stuffing)
- Pack stuffing lightly into crock pot, and cover. Set on High for 45 minutes; reduce to Low and cook for 3 – 4 hours.
- Makes 8 large servings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!