Grilled Eggplant with Spicy, Sweet Hoisin Sauce
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH SPICY, SWEET HOISIN SAUCE
Always use organic when possible
- 2 medium eggplant, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 fresh red chili peppers, sliced thinly
- 6 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 6 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, add brown sugar, hoisin sauce, garlic and chili. Combine well
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Add to bowl with mixture and make sure eggplant is covered. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Brush with avocado oil. Place eggplant on grill. Allow for grill marks to appear. About 3-5 minutes.
- Flip over and brush tops with leftover marinade. Grill for 3-5 more minutes. Eggplant should be soft when pierced with fork.
- Serve hot .
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!