This Recipe Will Make You Change Your Mind About Eggplant
Lemon Cilantro Eggplant Dip
- 2 whole Eggplants both halved lengthwise
- 4 cloves garlic unpeeled unpeeled
- 3 tbsp tahini, sesame puree
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3/4 tbs tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro or mint chopped
- toasted pita wedges
- assortment peppers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a 15 1/2″ by 10 1/2″ jelly-roll pan with nonstick foil. Place eggplant halves, skin-sides up, in foil-lined pan.
- Wrap garlic in foil and place in pan with eggplants. Roast vegetables 45 to 50 minutes or until eggplants are very tender and skin is shriveled and browned.
- Unwrap garlic. Cool eggplants and garlic until easy to handle.
- Scoop eggplants’ flesh into food processor .Squeeze out garlic pulp from each clove and add to processor with tahini, lemon juice, and 3/4 teaspoon salt; pulse to coarsely chop
- Spoon dip into serving bowl; stir in cilantro.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!