Dr. Nandi’s Masala Dosa Recipe
Dr. Nandi's Masala Dosa Recipe
- Soak cooked rice, raw rice, urad dal, fenugreek seeds, channa dal and tur dal in water for 4-5 hours.
- Wash and grind everything together to a smooth texture adding water, little at a time. We use our Vitamix blender.
- Add needed salt (about a teaspoon) and leave it overnight in a warm place to ferment.
- Before making dosa, add a tsp of sugar, little water and mix well to get the dosa batter consistency which is a little thinner than pancake mix.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or large fry pan we use a cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of organic high heat oil. Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9”) diameter thin circle.
- The batter should be very thin and it’s a bit of an art to get it right the first few times.
- Drizzle a very little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- This makes about 7 or 8 dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!