- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice divided
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 lb. medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp grated lime rind
- 1 Granny Smith apple thinly sliced
- 1 minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 oz crumbled queso fresco
- Combine 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp lime juice, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the shrimp and spice mixture in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine 1 1/2 tsp oil, 2 tsp juice, onions, 1/8 tsp salt, rind, apple, and jalapeño and mix
- Remove shrimp from bag and throw away the marinade.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange half of shrimp in pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan, make sure you keep the shrimp warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp.
- Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide shrimp evenly among tortillas.
- Divide salsa evenly among tacos, and top with queso fresco.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!