Chicken Noodle Soup
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
12 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 Tbsp salt
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
1/2 cup water
4 cups chicken, diced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, put raw chicken and BBQ seasoning together and make sure chicken has an even coating.
- Place in oven for 25 minutes on a tray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and extra virgin olive oil, and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, and rinse under cool running water.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in celery, carrots and onion.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through.
- Serve hot.
The Health Benefits of Onions
Find out why adding Onions to your diet will help make you your own #HealthHero. Find out more about the Health Benefits of Onions.