Always use organic when possible
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce, divided
- 3 tsp white wine, dry
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled, thickly cut
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, minced finely
- 2 small poblano peppers, seeded, thickly sliced
- 1/3 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, no pulp
- 3 lbs, ripe papaya, seeded, peeled, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 2 scallion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ½ soy sauce, white wine, and cornstarch.
- Add the chicken and coat chicken well.
- In a large skillet or a wok over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Add onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Stir-fry for 30-40 seconds.
- Add chicken, stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add poblano pepper, crushed red pepper, and stir.
- Stir-fry until chicken cooks and poblano is soft. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining soy sauce. Cook for 30-35 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate.
- Set aside.
- Add orange juice to the mixture.
- Allow it to boil until the mixture slightly thickens. About 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok/skillet.
- Add papaya. Stir-fry for 60-90 seconds.
- Add lemon juice. Stir
- Season with salt and pepper
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a large serving dish.
- Garnish with scallions.
- Serve hot!