- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat shell pieces removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise divided
- 3 Tbsp fresh chives divided and minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko divided
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil more to coat pans
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce Tabasco or Frank's
- 16 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine 3 Tbsp water, apple cider vinegar and sugar in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. The mixture should boil.
- Add celery and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- On paper towels, drain crab meat.
- Add and combine 1/2 of celery, 2 Tbsp mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp chives, 1 tsp mustard along with black pepper and salt and egg in a medium bowl.
- Stir with a whisk and add crab meat and 1/4 panko to mayonnaise mixture.
- Toss gently and allow to chill for 20 minutes.
- Combine remaining panko, 1 Tbsp chives and oil in a bowl and mix.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp panko in bottom of each of the 16 muffin cups that have been lightly coated with extra-virgin olive oil.
- In each cup, spoon a heaping Tbsp of crab meat mixture over breadcrumbs.
- Spread 1/2 tsp panko mixture evenly over each cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 F.
- Have your broiler preheat on high.
- Lightly brush some extra-virgin olive oil on crab cakes and broil for 1-2 minutes to make sure tops become crisp.
- Combine and mix remaining mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, celery, chives and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- Top each crab cake with roughly 1/2 tsp sauce.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!