Dr. Nandi’s Pan Fried Tomato Salad
Dr. Nandi's Pan Fried Tomato Salad
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 1 8- oz piece of Feta cheese not crumbled
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 cups arugula
- kosher salt and black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the oil, lemon juice, capers and parsley. Set aside
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until tender. Drain and run under cold water
- Cut Feta into 4 slices. Set aside to drain on paper towels
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the tomato slices with thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until lightly browned.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Coat Feta in bread crumbs and cook until browned
- Arrange arugula, beans and Feta on plates and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!