Dr. Nandi’s Pumpkin Cookies
Dr. Nandi's Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of raw quinoa
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp of pumpkin spice mix
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup of pureed pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Add quinoa to a fine mesh stainer and rinse well .
- Add water and quinoa to a saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the stove, remove lid and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper .
- Set aside
- Add flour, sugar, ground flax, pumpkin spice mix and salt to a large bowl.
- Measure 11/2cups of the cooked quinoa and add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir to coat, until all quinoa granules are covered in the mixture. Set aside.
- Add pumpkin, oil, vanilla, egg white and maple syrup to a small bowl and stir well.
- Pour the wet mixture in with the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- One tablespoon at a time, scoop mixture onto prepared baking sheet, leaving a small space between each cookie.
- Lightly form each cookie, as you’d like them to come out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and allowing them to cool for a couple of hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!