Dr. Nandi’s Fall Salad Surprise
Dr. Nandi's Fall Salad Surprise
- 1- lb butternut squash trimmed and cut into1-inch-thick slices
- 12- oz celery root trimmed and cut into 1-inch-thickslices
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored and cut into (1-inch-thick) slices
- 1 large carrot peeled
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sparkling apple cider
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 6 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 cups trimmed arugula leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Hold each squash slice by an end; shave into ribbons with a vegetable peeler to measure 4 1/2 cups.
- Repeat procedure with celery root, shaving to measure 1 1/2 cups.
- Repeat procedure with apple, shaving to measure 1 cup.
- Repeat procedure with carrot, shaving to measure 1/2 cup.
- Combine vegetable ribbons in a large bowl; add 1/4 teaspoon salt, tossing to combine.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, cider, and honey, stirring with a whisk.
- Gradually add grapeseed oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Add vinegar mixture to squash mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Let stand 30 minutes. Add arugula just before serving, tossing to combine.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!