Dr. Nandi’s Risotto
Dr. Nandi's Risotto
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 12- oz of frozen pureed butternut squash
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Thyme sprigs
- Combine rice and oil in a 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish, stirring to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 3 minutes.
- Add broth and 1 cup water to rice mixture; microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 9 minutes.
- Stir well; microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 6 minutes.
- Remove from microwave; let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- While risotto stands, heat squash in microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until warm.
- Add squash, salt, pepper, and cheese to risotto.
- Stir well to combine. Garnish with additional cheese and thyme sprigs
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!