Dr. Nandi’s Spiced Chicken Salad
Spiced Chicken Salad
- 1 small red onion half coarsely chopped and half sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp garam masala or curry powder
- 3/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar plus 2 tablespoons
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless free range chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 container arugula
- 16 ounces chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 plum pitted and thinly sliced
- In blender, puree chopped onion and garlic with garam masala, 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1/4 cup of vinegar, 1/2teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Transfer to medium bowl and add chicken.
- Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until browned and cooked fully, Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining yogurt, vinegar and oil, salt, pepper with 1 tablespoon water. Add the lettuce, chickpeas, and sliced onion and toss to combine.
- Place chicken, avocado and cherry tomatoes on top
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!