Dr. Nandi’s Sweet Potato Soup
Dr. Nandi's Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Tbsp Indian curry paste
- 1/2 cup split red lentils
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into ½-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Plain Yogurt for serving optional
- Place broth, onion and curry paste in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Add lentils, reduce heat and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, continue to simmer covered about 10 min until lentils and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add milk to hot soup.
- Ladle about ⅓ of the soup into a blender or food processor.
- Purée, then return to soup in saucepan.
- Add spinach. Stir over medium heat, but don’t boil, just until spinach is wilted, 1 to 2 min.
- Stir in lemon juice. Serve with a dollop of yogurt, if using.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!