Dr. Nandi’s Pumpkin Soup
Dr. Nandi's Pumpkin Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 cups fat-free low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 15 oz of pumpkin
- 1 12- oz can evaporated fat-free milk
- Freshly ground Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and pumpkin.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add evaporated fat-free milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- * top with low fat plain yogurt to add creaminess
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!