- Tear leaves away from stalks with kale.
- Slice leaves into thin ribbons.
- Slice the stalks of kale into small pieces. Discard tougher stems.
- In a large bowl, mix leaves and stems.
- Add lemon juice and salt and combine well.
- Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add extra virgin olive oil and maple syrup and combine.
- Add chopped dates and mix to disperse evenly.
- Stir in onion and set aside.
- Toss leaves and stems with extra virgin olive oil and maple dressing. Top with kumquats and pistachios.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!