Crispy Root-Vegetable Bake Will Make Your Mouth Water
CRISPY ROOT-VEGETABLE BAKE
Always use organic when possible
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted, divided (vegan option available)
- 3 russet potatoes peeled
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 1/2 rutabaga peeled
- 1 1/2 turnip peeled
- 9 cloves garlic peeled, smashed
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a large cast-iron skillet, add 3 Tbsp of melted butter and coat bottom.
- Slice potatoes, turnip, and rutabaga into 1/8 inch thick round pieces. Set aside.
- Peel and smash garlic.
- In a skillet, place the sliced vegetables in sections.
- Add garlic in between slices of vegetables. You don’t have to have garlic in between every piece.
- Brush vegetables with remaining melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet in oven and bake. Vegetables should be tender and turn golden
- Garnish with thyme.Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!