- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown. About 4 minutes.
- Add broth, potato, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the potato is just tender. About 8 minutes.
- Add beets and vinegar then return to a boil. Cover and continue cooking until the broth is deep red and the potato is very soft. About 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Combine sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl.
- Serve soup with a dollop of the horseradish sour cream and a sprinkle of parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!