Green Mung Beans
Mung Beans are low on the glycemic index at 25 and have a low glycemic load of 4, making them a smart food choice for people with diabetes. The low glycemic index means fiber and protein to help regulate blood sugar. Mung beans also have a skin anti-aging property. They stimulate the production of hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin, all essential to the younger, healthier skin. They contain oligosaccharides, which help to prevent gas and bloat. Mung Beans are easily digestible and may help to reduce inflammation.
Researchers have found that mustard is one of the best metabolism-boosting ingredients around. Eating just one teaspoon of mustard can boost your metabolism by up to 25 percent for several hours. Mustard contains only five calories per teaspoon as well. It contains high levels of niacin or vitamin B3. Niacin has properties that help lower one’s cholesterol levels and protects the arteries from atherosclerosis. Mustard also helps to regulate blood flow and protects the body from hypertension.
Adding more fiber to your diet is a much-needed move when you detox, and kiwi is a great way to do it. In a recent study, patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) who ate two kiwis a day for a month had less constipation and a general lessening of IBS symptoms than those who didn’t eat kiwi. Kiwis are an excellent source of folate. Folate is beneficial for pregnant women because it helps develop the fetus.
If you are looking to add some nuts or seeds to your diet to help you detox, reach for sunflower seeds. A quarter-cup serving of sunflower seeds has just over 200 calories and provides 3 grams of fiber. Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of magnesium, a mineral that keeps blood pressure normal, maintains steady heart rhythm, and helps boost lipolysis. The body releases fat from its stores.
Who says you cannot satisfy your sweet tooth while you detox? Cocoa powder, the raw, unprocessed form of cocoa powder, is a great way to combat bloat and add more fiber to your diet. Two tablespoons of cacao powder add 4 grams of fiber to your diet. Research has shown that cocoa powder has hypoglycemic and hypocholesterolemic effects on glucose and cholesterol levels. A diet that contains cocoa powder has shown a reduction in triglycerides, LDL cholesterol, and glucose level.
A recently published study found that white tea boosts lipolysis, which breaks down fat and blocks adipogenesis, the formation of fat cells. Studies have found that the combination of caffeine and epigallocatechin-3-gallate is an excellent detox one-two punch. White tea contains polyphenols, flavonoids, and tannins, which inhibit the growth of various bacteria that may cause plaque formation. The fluoride content found in this tea may also be useful in reducing the risk of dental caries or tooth decay.
My Personal RX:
While the detox foods detailed in this article play an essential role in promoting overall health, it’s important to implement a holistic approach that combines nutrition, exercise, hydration, and appropriate supplementation. Consider these additional recommendations:
1. Hydration: Water plays a critical role in detoxification. Aim to consume at least 8 glasses of water per day to support the body’s natural detoxification systems.
2. Exercise: Regular physical activity encourages circulation in the blood and lymph system, enhancing your body’s natural detoxification process. Try to get at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each day.
3. Diet: A balanced diet rich in whole foods, lean proteins, and healthy fats is essential. Avoid processed foods, excess sugar, and unhealthy fats as they can hinder the body’s ability to detoxify.
4. Liver Support Supplement: My Liver Support Supplement can further assist your body in removing toxins and supporting overall liver health.
5. Toxic Guide: For more detailed guidance on detoxification and avoidance of toxins, download a free copy of my Toxic Guide.
Remember, consulting with your healthcare provider before starting any new diet or supplement regimen is crucial. Combining these recommendations with the detox foods in your diet will support a comprehensive and effective detox process.